Gordon County Board of Assessors
The three-member Board of Tax Assessors is appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Board of Tax Assessors is responsible for hiring the Chief Appraiser, Deputy Chief Appraiser, and all other staff inside the Tax Assessors Office. The Chief Appraiser and his/her staff are responsible for the following:
- Determining what property in the county is subject to taxation.
- Preparing the annual property tax assessments.
- Preparing the annual tax digest.
- Examining and correcting errors in all real and personal property.
- Ensuring all property is returned at a fair valuation.
- Hearing appeals regarding property tax valuations.
- Maintaining county tax and map records
- Inspecting Mobile homes to ensure proper decals are displayed.
- Assisting in any other task assigned by the Board of Assessors.
These tasks are completed while adhering to policies and procedures set forth by the Gordon County Board of Assessors as well as the Georgia Department of Revenue.
Gordon County Board of Assessors Meetings
Meetings for the Gordon County Board of Assessors are held monthly or as needed. Board Members receive $100 per diem for each meeting. For more information concerning the Gordon County Board of Tax Assessors please contact our office or visit our About Us page to see additional information on current board members.
2023 Board of Assessors Meeting Schedule
Board of Assessors Meeting Minutes Can be Found Below: